Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wow

Just got a very apologetic and apparently heartfelt letter from my dad about the whole family situation. More emotion and genuineness in that e-mail than I've seen out of my dad in about a decade.

Let me explain -- there are at least two Jays (as I suspect is the case for most of us). One is the friendly, relatively light-hearted persona that is generally likeable, especially in a large group setting. A "teddy bear" of sorts. This Jay wears his heart on his sleeve and tells you exactly how it is and what he's feeling. Fortunately for my marriage, this is the Jay that is married to Krissy -- she brings out the best in me, no doubt.

However, there is also the Jay that grew up in my parents' house, who fears confrontation and never speaks his mind. Not sure why that Jay wound up that way, but I know my dad is the same way about confrontation and showing his true feelings on something. So when my dad opens up in an e-mail or anywhere, things may just be looking up.

No comments: