Tuesday, May 23, 2006

ANSWERS TO TRIPJAX BLOGGER QUESTIONS

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?

No question on this one. Overplaying one pair on a scary board, or overplaying one pair period. Biggest hole in my game anyway ;)

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?

Playing, because LIG. OK, I don't know limit that well, but it seems like folding for one more bet in a big pot without a real clear read. That sounds good.

3. Why do you play poker?

To challenge myself in my post-academic and athletic years. I miss the academic challenge of school and athletic challenge of football. Poker helps me to keep learning and growing and keeping my competitive edge.

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?

Playing computer games, I imagine. I don't play enough for it to be more than a time filler at this point, so very little else would change.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?

Positively Fifth Street. I like poker stories more than strategy books, although they have certainly helped my game.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?

I have a lot of favorites that I play with every chance I get. As far as TV personalities, maybe Raymer. Lots of players are entertaining, though.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?

Sheiky right now, with honorable mention always going to Hellmuth. Matusow and Arieh grew on me quite a bit.

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?

No.

11. Who was your first poker blog read?

Man, I can't remember. Probably Nordberg.

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?

Bluffing is fun, but getting someone to call all-in drawing slim always makes me feel the best. You feel like you control the game the most when you make just the right bet to commit them to the hand nearly dead.

13. Why do you blog?

Because I thought a 300+ pound man carrying around a diary would look silly.

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?

I really don't have any experience with RSS and should probably learn.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?

Maybe. It would be a tough choice.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?

Never. It would not match my handbag or my diary.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

Knowing where they stand in a hand.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?

That's a little sketchy in my book.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?

To enjoy myself and grow through the challenge. I'm getting there.

20. What is your primary online site and why?

Stars. They just do a lot of it right, and there are enough bad players there that I can generally do pretty well. Plus blaming losses on Lee Jones never gets old.

21. What site do you dislike and why?

Party. Hate the interface, hate the players, hate the ad campaign.

No comments: