Monday, May 29, 2006

Not a Horrible Night

Finished 60th in the FTP $19K. Would have gone much deeper, but some moron calls two all ins with A3o and catches an Ace. I win that 3-way all-in and I am at $30K, top 15 in chips, and the leader at my table. I can't see how he calls under any circumstance -- even if he had "odds" to call off 90% of his stack, he has to know his A3o is way no good. Hey, three-outers by donkeys keep them playing -- I'll get him next time.

Nevertheless, it's nice -- I felt I played well throughout, and I had a spark of confidence in my play. Made some good laydowns, and went the first two hours only showing down 4 hands while building to 9k. Oh well, at least the win pads my satellite bankroll so I can keep playing in these tourneys. So far the plan is working well.

Also started playing the 1 cent tourneys at Mansion. They're loads of fun. I bubbled today, but I think they are easy enough to get close consistently. The play is, well, what you'd expect from a 1 cent tourney.

No comments: