Wednesday, June 07, 2006

OK

I feel better.

Not going to apologize or feel badly for the last post, because that's how I felt at the time.

However, I think the experience that was poker Monday night led me to a place where I know what I generally need to do to play better. I think because I play and post with a bunch of great players that I am better than I am sometimes, and fancy play and cockiness results. Therefore, even though I was hard on myself, I think it was important for me to recognize reality for a minute.

My mom called in tears last night and got me going emotionally, so the usual insomnia kicked in around 10:30. As a result I wound up in a WSOP double shootout. I won the sucker thanks to a combination of patience and some good cards at the precise moment they were needed. That was a good thing, obviously.

Now, after the tough weekend and paying some expenses with my Quad Shootout win (which apparently replayed last night and I totally missed it), I have a dilemma regarding what to do with these tournament dollars in my account.

1. I have wanted to go to the WSOP oh so much and would love to take a shot at it. These $W make that possible on my BR in a variety of ways.

2. My BR is low these days and even at 90% the money would come in handy for other things.

So should I sell? Play an sat or two and try to make more and then sell, while still keeping some for WSOP shots? DS? Blow it all on Sunday's tournament?

I'm still pondering. I think the answer is probably sell a few hundred and then take a few shots, but there may be an advantage in selling the whole thing and trying it again. I've shown some ability to win these things when I stay patient.

No comments: