Monday, July 10, 2006

Step 1

I won my seat to Sunday's World Series tournament on Stars. At this point, they need to qualify 4,000 more for it not to be an overlay, and then it's still 1 in 32. Blinds are the same as the weekly Million, and I have done pretty well in those when I've played. I hope most of the best players have their seats already, and there won't be too many people playing just for the cash this close to the Series.

Good luck to those still trying to qualify.

I need to play great poker, of course, but I think I can win this thing. I know I can play well enough on Sunday to make it happen.

In fact, I am going to give up part of my poker weekend to make sure I get enough sleep and make it happen.


I played in the WPTFan WSOP tonight and bubbled yet again. So far 5 hours played, two bubbles, no points. Sigh. I got to play with Matt Matros and Nordberg, though, which is always a pleasure. I have fun making fun of Yale of course, and Matt doesn't really know me so he has no idea why.....

No comments: