Monday, July 10, 2006

I am the King of Free Money Tournaments

Just make it a freeroll and I will dominate, baby....

Nine whole dollars in freeroll PROFIT thus far for doin well in the FTP Fantasy League.

Poker has been uneventful. I can't believe how slowly the FTP bonus clears. It's like a joke. I 2-table 1/2 Razz and work up about five bucks in bonus in two full hours of full table ring play. Ludicrous -- why bother offering a bonus like this? FTP is this close to being a good site, but they can't quite get it. The quick basics FTP misses:

1. Respond to customer needs quickly. Too many stories from friends waiting to hear from CS for forever.
2. Make unregistration possible -- I don't need tourney dollars per se, but at least the option to play the tourney I satellited into a week later.
3. Make the bonus at least feasible to obtain. If you insist on making it this hard, remove the date restriction like Poker Stars.

My wife is leaving town to see her niece Thursday. I will miss her a lot, and I hate when she leaves town. The only upside is I get a poker weekend. Have not decided what I am doing yet, but I do hope to qualify for the Stars 150 seat guarantee and give the WSOP one shot anyway. Of course, I may have to be in Reading Monday morning, so I may be doing it from a hotel room. We'll see.

No comments: