Friday, April 07, 2006

Well Isn't this Fun



I doubt I will ever write much on this, but I like being able to comment on the blogs of my friends. So, we'll call this a test post and see if something develops. Thanks to MoeSyzslak for making "Gyd Smash" a catchphrase to be proud of. Imagine a 300 lb. man growling like the Hulk at the poker table after a suckout. That's me in a nutshell. A very large nutshell.

Anyway, on with the show. Hi, I'm Jay, a lawyer by trade who is also a poker junkie. I am 31, and I have a beautiful wife who is very understanding about this poker "fad" as long as I keep buying her massages.

Poker has been an interesting hobby for me, I must say. I've been playing seriously for about a year, and I feel like I am slowly beginning to get a grasp of the game. It's been a fun ride -- I have very little bankroll, but that's mostly by choice. I am still playing this game as a hobby and for fun, not as a lifestyle, so when I make a big score I cash out and buy stuff, and I will play above my bankroll if that's where the fun is. I'll learn.

I post and learn about poker from the fine people at www.dbpoker.com and www.wptfan.com. Great things to be learned at both places, and great communities to be a part of. Our next gathering, to be hosted by the mean and aggressive MK, is in AC in May. I'm looking forward to it.

Generally, I think too many people blog about poker -- how many people grinding it out at .25/.50 really have all that much to say that will revolutionize the game? I certainly do not have anything to offer to the community as a whole that can't be found in the annals of much better players, and much better writers. So, if I do decide to pursue this thing, it won't be about poker as much as it will be about life from the eyes of a novice poker-playing law school grad. So, you know, ignore all the blogs by Seif. Or Bloch. Shut up.

Anyway, thanks for reading this. Enjoy!

No comments: