Thursday, April 13, 2006

Craptastic

I actually like being a lawyer.

However, weeks like this drive me pretty nuts.

I've been working under the assumption that I was going to be trying a group of cases in May. I was excited, because it's been since December for me and I like trying cases more than anything. However, this case involves our foreign car manufacturer as well as our domestic client, and they are a bit more picky.

Long story short, they aren't comfortable with anyone but the counsel they've already worked with, so my former boss at my former firm is blowing into town to try the case. Which means even if I am trying the case I will be relegated to briefcase-holding duty.

Sigh.



I post this as a vent because I've played exactly 4 hours of poker this week and netted $11.05 and have nothing witty or intelligent to say.

No comments: