Friday, April 07, 2006

BOOM -- almost


I was well on my way to a big score in the 5R on Stars last night. First time I've ever had a million chips. Unfortunately I busted eighth when a player limped with Aces and I hit a King on the flop in the BB. All them chips, they went in, and all them chips, they slid the other way. Very risky way to play Aces, but it worked out for him so he must be a genius!

I should have seen it coming, and I definitely could have gotten away from the hand. Especially from the guy who did the limping -- that was the problem with the play. The aggression was good, the not stopping and thinking was bad. I had the right read on him, just let fatigue and bravado get the best of me -- I could have at least put him on a better hand and bailed with plenty of chips left.

Hey, at least I made all of my classic poker book mistakes all at once in one hand -- I went broke in an unraised pot with one pair tangling with the one guy who could bust me because I did not fear the limper and without worrying about what he had versus what I had. It's Phil Gordon meets Doyle Brunson meets Gyd in a dark alley with socks full of nickels. (there ya go Slart)

Thanks to all for the rail support. Dutchy, Slart, Tejas, RJS, Duque, and anyone else I missed, I appreciate the support. My profit will still spend, even though it could have been much more. I felt like I played really well, mixing up my game. But frankly I was also a card rack for a good while. Still loads of fun.



No comments: