Friday, August 18, 2006

I wonder....

what kind of father I am going to make.

Some of you may know that my wife and I are trying to have a child. We've had a few hiccups on that front, but as I move towards fatherhood, I start to get nervous, even though no sticks have turned pink yet or anything.

I collect movie trailers on my IPod, and recently Pursuit of Happyness [sic] appeared. In it, Will Smith play a dad, whose kid says "you're a good papa." For whatever reason, that choked me up.

Poker is fun, law is rewarding, but I still wonder what fatherhood will do to my life, and how I will do.

I hope I will be someone my kids will look up to.

I hope I am someone they will be happy to continue in their lives after they grow up.

I hope I will be able to guide them into a good path for their life.

I hope that my flaws as a person won't reflect too poorly on them.


It's going to be cool. And scary. I can't wait.

No comments: