Saturday, September 01, 2007

Another Wild Ride

Up a buy-in, down three, up one, down 2, and finally up 2 1/2 to finish the night with another winner.

It is clear to me that playing every week is really helping my game. Even when I play too swingy now, I am more able to contain my emotions when I know the next session is not all that far away. I still have some tiltable moments, but the severity is very lessened.

I have an exploitable tendency right now, however, that I must correct before my next session. I am continually reraising too much with draws and second-best hands -- the result is people calling me very light. I actually had someone call all in with top and bottom pair on a straightening and flushing board when I reraised representing the set. In fact I had bottom two and an openender, and I hit, but these light calls of my raises will continue, and I better have the nuts or stronger draws next week or I will get eaten alive.

I will ponder which hands are worth discussing. Big pots are unavoidable in this game, but I need to be less willing to play them so often.

I did get the third best player at the table to fold top two to my reraise with bottom set -- resulting in his boat coming against a straight draw and letting me win the pot with my underboat. He flashed us the cards by mistake (forgetting there was another player, which of course meant that I could push the turn with impunity.....

No comments: