Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I See An Upside

As has become very clear to anyone paying attention, I have opened up my game quite a bit.

A "bit," you say? Sure, why not.

And while I have expressed justified concern that opening too much might result in my becoming too spewy, the change has resulted in some neat results in a place I had not frequented in a long time.

Online poker. Specifically, online poker satellites. I've won a sat to the Sunday million and the Sunday WSOP qualifier in the last week. I even tried my hand at one of the $30 rebuys to the Series (and if it hadn't been for a horrbly timed resteal push with jacks, I'd still be in it with about two tables left). That plus a nice NLHE two-tabling session tonight has resulted in a well-timed virtual bankroll boost.

The two wins in sats means I have enough money to take some shots, and also money I can sell for 95% of its value if I become cash poor. The nice NLHE session means I won't be cash poor for a while.

Am I going to the World Series? Probably not. But it's nice to have some ammo to give it a shot without having to transfer live winnings over.

Am I going to become a hoodie wearing, Internet savvy LAGtard? Definitely not.

Hoodies make me look even fatter.

Looking forward to giving the Mountaineer Saturday tournament another go. Last time I played it in January, I final tabled it and finished 8th. Got a bit short, and had to push A10 into KJ, and couldn't hold up, but if I had won that hand I would have been above par with 8 left and in great shape. I think I can win this thing. Structure is meh -- a bit worse than Foxwoods, better than a fire hall, but in the land of no options what they spread for you is king.

If only there was a local version of the Crackhouse. Ah well.

No comments: